What to Eat in Philippines
What should you eat in Philippines? What are the most typical and traditional Filipino dishes? Here is the list of the Best Filipino Food & Cuisine that you should try before you die. You cannot leave Philippines without eating these foods!
Best Top Foods You Must Try in Philippines
- It is said to be the national dish of the Philippines. Its origins come from the Spanish colonizers using the ingredients that were in the Philippines. Basically any type of protein can be used, beef, chicken, pork... and it's later marinated in a mixture of soy sauce and vinagear with onion and garlic.
- This is my favourite dish. It can be done with any kind of meat, but usually is with pork, or beef or fish. It's tamarin broth stew combined with different vegetables (such as tomatoes, onions, taro, long green beans, daikon, okra and even spinach)
- Filipino spring rolls that are cooked with are cooked with some ground meet and can be mixed with vegetables, normally carrots and onions. You can deep it with sweet and soer sauce
- Lechon Kawali
- One of the best dishes from the Philippines. It's the Philippines version of the suckling pig. It's marinated with different spiced, and cooked over a fire for many hours, until the skin is very crispy and delicious. We usually eat it with a sause called mangtomas. Very good for celebrations.
- Arroz Caldo
- It is basically the best dish that mothers serve when you are sick. It is warm and very homy dish. Made of chicken, ginger, onions, garlic, fish sause and saffron.
- Kare Kare
- It's a savoury dish, made with different vegetables from the Filipino country side and oxtale and tripe. The special part is that it's a peanut butter sauce, normally served on the side with bagoong (fish paste).
- Halo Halo
- Colorful Filipino dessert. It's made with sweet taro ice cream, coconut, different type of alubias (beans), tapioca, rice crispies, condensed milk and shaved ice.
- Rice pastry that normally is made with coconut and sometimes is topped with cheese. Very good to snack during parties.