What to Eat in USA
What should you eat in USA? What are the most typical and traditional American dishes? Here is the list of the Best American Food & Cuisine that you should try before you die. You cannot leave USA without eating these foods!
Best Top Foods You Must Try in USA
- Pot Roast
- This is a classic American dish that we typically eat Sunday afternoons. The roast is slow cooked for 6-8 hours in a crockpot with potatoes, carrots, and onions creating a delicious sauce which can be turned into a gravy and poured over the meat and veggies.
- Green Bean Casserole
- A classic thanksgiving side dish which is cooked in the oven with fresh green beans, a creamed mushroom soup and topped with crispy fried onions.
- Corn Bread and Chilli
- Chili is a slow cooked stew with red and black beans, ground beef, tomatoes, peppers, and tomato sauce with some paprika to give the stew a little kick. It is best when served with buttery corn bread.
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Made with large pasta noodles and a cheese and cream sauce poured on top. To kick this up a notch, throw it in the oven to get it a little crunch!
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
- A typical sandwich eaten at lunch time or even as an afternoon snack. Best with sourdough bread, a thick layer of peanut butter then your favourite jam. My favourite is grape jelly.
- Clam Chowder
- A delicious cream soup found on the east and west coasts with delicious chunks of potatoes and clam. Cannot miss trying this when visiting one of the coasts!
- Buffalo Chicken Wings
- eliciously fried chicken wings covered in buffalo sauce, which can come in a range of « hotness » I recommend the mild if you are new to buffalo chicken wings.
- Pancakes and Bacon
- My favourite breakfast food is by far a stack of pancakes with some turkey bacon on the side. These fluffy treats are best eaten hot with maple syrup.
- Deep Dish Pizza
- A very deep crusted pizza will tell you right away that you’re not in Italy- deeper dished pizzas mean more cheesy yumminess and toppings. Don’t be shy!
- No country does the cheeseburger better than the Americans. The thick beef patties and large variety of sauces will leave you wanting more.
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Another classic Sunday meal, this is served as a savoury pie with a crust on the top and bottom. The filling of the savoury pie is chicken, potatoes, carrots, and peas in a light cream sauce. Very filling, but quite a delight!